CRYSTAL RADIO CURRICULUM

  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio in the Classroom <ric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:13:34 -0500

From: "K.Ellis" ?guavaberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?
Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:37:12 -0400

Technology
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Home_TECHNOLOGY.html

CRYSTAL RADIO CURRICULUM
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Crystal_Radio_kits_online!.html
Become a lifeguard - Guard our Airwaves YOU can save lives learn Morse Code
Ham radios in the aftermath of 11 September 2001

I have several more web pages of info up there
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/crystal_radio2.html
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/crystal_radio2.html
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/crystal_radio2.html

starting From
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Crystal_Radio_kits_online!.html
see the info and URL's about Dave

A LITTLE MORE HISTORY
Our Hero Dave Hughes
Founder of Old Colorado City Communications
  Read About The Electronic Public Interest Versus the Private Good -
Spread-Spectrum Radio

Dave Hughes
is probably the premier technical and policy facilitator in grass-roots
community networking. In 1981, he started what may be the first bulletin
board system (BBS) whose goal was to empower the local public politically.
Since then, Hughes has traveled around the world in an effort to bring some
of the most disenfranchise and isolated communities into the electronic age.

In Hughes's home town, Colorado Springs, Colorado, all residents can get
online, including truck drivers logging in from Rogers Bar. On more than
one occasion, Colorado Springs citizens organized by Hughes online won a
changes in the procurement policy by local government. His local private
bulletin board has evolved into a city-run "City Link" on which the city
council communicates openly with the entire community online. Hughes is
targeting the state legislature next.

Dave Hughes Delivers Universal Net Access
"I told my sons to bury me in a grave with space enough for an Internet
connection so I can come back and keep giving 'em hell."

Dave Hughes has definite tastes. What he likes: Stetson hats, Justin Boots,
turquoise-studded bolo ties, and universal Internet access. What he hates:
fools, bureaucrats, and phone companies. And the way the trailblazing
activist figures it, Washington, DC, is where the fools and the bureaucrats
conspire to make things easier for the phone companies to prevent truly
universal Net service. "Fifty percent of Washington is full of
conspiracists," he says. "The other 50 percent runs on the great American
tradition of pure incompetence."

ATTENTION SCHOOL BOARDS WHO ANSWER TO THE TAX PAYER
ATTENTION TAX PAYER WHO ELECTS THE BOARD
ATTENTION CFO OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT
ATTENTION SUPERINTENDENT WHO BUYS THE INTERNET SERVICE

READ WHAT DAVE RECOMMENDS CAN BE DONE TO GET ALL SCHOOLS WIRED WITHOUT
SPENDING ALL THE MONEY THAT WE THE TAX PAYERS ARE SPENDING!!!
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Crystal_Radio7.html