[rhce2009] Re: Planning to take RHCE

  • From: Ahmed Musa <powermanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:36:36 +0000

ppl I've a question:

$ grep "^${USER}:" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f5

The above command will use an interactive shell to read your full name from
/etc/passwd

so far cool but since I don't understand completely the purpose of " "  why
when I remove "" enclosing the $USER and replace it with
the backtick (`) as follows it gives me error ?!!

$ grep `^${USER}:` /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f5

Since `$USER` should give me the value of $USER then grep should use whatever
value $USER will return.

Uff

PaPaYeYa

....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... WAS ............
.......... HERE ......

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:55:54 -0400
Subject: [rhce2009] Re: Planning to take RHCE
From: fpenadelcanto@xxxxxxxxx
To: rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope, they are useful for you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/264839610/RHCE_Red_Hat_Certified_Engineer_Linux_Study_Guide_2007_Exam_RH302.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/264841394/RHEL_5_-_Tammy_Fox.pdf.html ( It´s is a
good book about Linux RHEL 5

regards,

Fernando

2009/8/5 Ahmed Musa <powermanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok I will be waiting for the links ;)

Cheers :)

PaPaYeYa
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... WAS ............
.......... HERE ......

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:41:31 -0400

From: fpenadelcanto@xxxxxxxxx
To: rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, when it´s OK, send the link

you´re welcome

2009/8/5 Ahmed Musa <powermanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Bro could you please upload both to rapidshare or any storage files site.

Many thanks Fernando :)

PaPaYeYa
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... WAS ............
.......... HERE ......

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:36:51 -0400

From: fpenadelcanto@xxxxxxxxx
To: rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you look it accurately, it talk about rhce for RHEL 5 and the topics are
today.

2009/8/5 Ahmed Musa <powermanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>

OK thanks bro for the book, hmmm I found one on google but it's like published
on 2007 uff. what is the latest edition?

PaPaYeYa
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... WAS ............
.......... HERE ......

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:05:02 -0400
From: fpenadelcanto@xxxxxxxxx
To: rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am also preparing RHCE, I recommend you these books. look them for in p2p or
google if you don´t, give me a FTP and send you.

Fernando
Chile

2009/8/5 Ahmed Musa <powermanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Bassu,

 I am also doing the same, I don't know about ur book, but what am doing
currently:

Dropped the Official RHCE 3 books I've now and only using the contents and then
googling each subject (Lesson) and try to look in different books, websites etc
to gain the maximum for this subject and then write it down in a word file for
revisions :)

Internet bro has alot and alot u can start by ur book and then master each
subject using the internet.

Also I've two different Videos like CBT it's great :)

Where are you intending to take the exam?

PaPaYeYa
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... WAS ............
.......... HERE ......

From: bashukhan@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:31:22 -0700
Subject: [rhce2009] Planning to take RHCE
To: rhce2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi fellows,

I've planning to take RHCE in a few months. With a quite developing knowledge
and M Jhang's book, would it be okay to pass out. Thanks for replying.
And sorry, if this topic might have been already discussed as I just subscribed.

Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click here.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. Try
it now.

http://windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/photos/default.aspx?&OCID=0809TL-HM