[rex-users] Re: feature request for inventory

  • From: Jan Gehring <jan.gehring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rex-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:11:10 +0200

Hi Franky,

thanks for your reply.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Franky Van Liedekerke
<franky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The inventory module is great, but it misses to report some things:
>
> - hostname
> - ip info
> - route info
> - kernel version

I will include this ones in the next release.

> Also the lib (Rex::Commands::Inventory) doesn't get loaded by default,
> so maybe the doc should mention that you need to include that line (or
> the lib should get loaded?).

And in the next release it will be loaded as a default module. New
modules will be first loaded as default in the next release. So if
there are any issues with them it will not have an impact.

Cheers,

Jan