[rex-users] Re: Rex 0.9.0 released

  • From: Jan Gehring <jan.gehring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rex-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:00:14 +0200

forgot to add the ml to cc.

Hi Franky,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Franky Van Liedekerke
<liedekef@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> page https://github.com/krimdomu/Rex/wiki/New09:
> "Now it's possible to inventor your hardware"
> should be
> "Now it's possible to make an inventory of your hardware"

Thanks. Fixed it :-)

> And I thought the deprecated function was "install file", not "package
> file" :-)

Oh yes thats right.

> And a third thingie: I installed both rex and rex-scm using "perl
> Makefile.pl; make;make install" and noticed that rex-scm overwrote the
> installed readme file of rex.

That is because of the README.pod file in the root of the source. This
file is for github. I haven't figured it out how to skip this file on
a "make install". If i build the packages i first do a "make dist" and
then use the "*.tar.gz" file to build the package.

> But now that you use "lib" in the INC path, I guess the make install
> can be ommitted and everything about rex can be contained in one
> directory, correct?

No it will not work. Because  " use lib 'lib' " is relative to your
working directory.

On my workstation i use the environment variable $PERLLIB and
$PERL5LIB pointing to the "lib" directory of rex.

For example:
echo $PERL5LIB
/Users/jan/Projekte/rex-scm/lib:/Users/jan/Projekte/rex-augeas/lib:/Users/jan/Projekte/rex-apache-deploy/lib:/Users/jan/Projekte/rex/lib:/Users/jan/Projekte/rex-virt/lib

Cheers,

Jan