[retrochallenge] Re: [retrochallenge 2005 ] score sheet?

  • From: Thomas Meek <orngtbby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retrochallenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:30:08 -0500

I agree with Byron. I've been using and enjoying my Mac Plus since I
bought it used in around 1992. It is a wonderful machine, and the
RetroChallenge gave me the excuse I needed to have some fun with it. I
have been using it for creative writing ever since I got it: MSWord 4 is
all the word processor I need or can figure out how to use, and I love
that old keyboard!
        During July I used only the Plus, took apart my newer Windows Box and
used the old Mac for email and text-only browsing via Telnet and the
wonderful mainframe provided at Cyberspace.org in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Although I missed all the pretty pictures, I did not miss the pop-up ads
and fear of viruses (If anybody's writing viruses to attack Mac Pluses
running System Six, they don't appear to be very active).
        The reason I participated but did not send in my score was that I was
afraid I might win. I would not have, as it turns out, but I'll try next
year and I look forward to it. Anybody know how to get a Timex-Sinclair
TS-1000 on line?

Thomas