[retrochallenge] Re: Compressed Rules...

  • From: Simon Williams <email@xxxxxxx>
  • To: retrochallenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:15:09 -0600

Hmm... I'm unsure if Byron or myself is "running" the retrochallange this year. Of course, it's not something that really matters....

Except that there's currently nowhere to submit the creative challenge material ;-)

So... are the rules approved as read?

Fine with me.

<snip>

Okay... actually, I have a few suggestions. First, I think we should define a bit of the creative stuff... and do we really need/want the point system? Like, is the whole thing a competition to see who can use the older computers for longest? Because... Dunno. It just seems like this is more of a personal thing than an "I can be more retro than you!" type of contest.

Though, that's just me, and a lot of people really seem to enjoy the competitive part of it. I'm just bad at logging my time on the computer. :P

I'm also seeing at as more of a personal challenge, but we should keep the points system for those who have a more competitive nature.

-s
--
._____. SIMON WILLIAMS :::::::: LUDDITE ENTERPRISES UNLIMITED
!__!__! OLD APPLE WEB SERVER LIST  http://www.ld8.org/servers