[renomusicproject] Open mic tonight, Sinicle & Authmentis this Saturday!

  • From: Todd South <tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renomusicproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

Open mic has sure been all kinds of fun lately!  Tonight about 3/4 of Burning
Peace will be on hand to warm up for our anniversary show next week, and I've
gotten emails from some outstanding performers who say they'll be on deck
tonight.  Should be fun!  And hey, a big thank you to Randal Jacoby for
donating a couple more couches to our music living room.  Comfy!  Now for some
kudos and comments on recent shows.

First off, I'd like to say a belated THANK YOU to everyone who made my birthday
party so much fun.  What an amazing night of music!  Second, I'd like to thank
Cindy Gray and everyone who came out to last Saturday's folk & bluegrass night
... HUGE turnout!!!  For me, there's nothing better than a room filled with
folks who came to enjoy some real music played by real people.  I really,
really enjoyed the show, but of course, I'm one of those freaks who likes a
whole lot of different music.  Speaking of which...

...this Saturday's showcase is the 3rd anniversary of local metal band Sinicle
(with their hard rock friends Authmentis filling out the bill).  Now, I just
turned 40, and the music called "metal" these days isn't much like what we
called metal back in my day.  But I have to say, after seeing these kids
perform a couple times, I'm starting to become a fan!  Sure, I have to wear
-30dB earplugs in order to enjoy the show (I AM an old man, after all), but the
amount of energy and talent these guys put into their shows, well, it's
infectious.  And hey, this will be your last chance to see them play in Reno
for a while, because they're about to head off for higher education, etc.  So,
if you like it fast and loud, Saturday's a night not to miss.

One sad note to report.  Some of you may have heard that our friend EJ
Maldonado lost his father to illness earlier this month.  We of the RMP would
like to extend our condolences to EJ and his family.  Peace.

Friday, March 21 - 7pm
   All-Ages Open Mic hosted by Todd South
 $5 entry includes beverages & snacks
 Maytan Music Center
 777 S. Center St. (upstairs)
   Saturday, March 22   - 7:00pm
 Sinicle 3rd Anniversary Party
 hosted by Todd South
 featuring performances by
 (7:00) Authmentis

 (8:30) Sinicle
 $5 admission includes beverages, snacks, and of course birthday cake!
       Maytan Music Center
         777 S. Center St. (upstairs)

 UPCOMING EVENTS:
 Saturday, March 29  - 7:00pm
 Burning Peace 6th Anniversary Party
 (7:00) Max Volume Band
 (8:30) Burning Peace
 Saturday, April 5   - 7:00pm
   Musician's Showcase  hosted by Todd South
 (7:00) Lenny Walker
 (8:30) Contraband
 Friday, April 11 - 7:00pm
   MORE BARN: A TRIBUTE TO NEIL YOUNG
 Benefit show to celebrate the CD release and to raise funds for The Bridge
School.
 Show sponsored by the Reno Music Project with performances by
 MISTER VAGUE,
 KUNG-FU SOPHIE,
 JULIAN PEACH,
 THE SUNJUL,
 BURNING PEACE,
 JUSTIN McMAHON,
 FITZPATRICK'S WAR,
 TYLER FUTRELL, and more!
 Saturday, April 12 - 7:00pm
 Musician's Showcase  hosted by Todd South
   (7:00) Jonie Blinman
   (8:00) Lacey Mattison
   (9:00) Dirty Pretty
 Friday, April 18 - 7:00pm
   All-Ages Open Mic hosted by Todd South
 with Featured Performer Echo Olsen
 Saturday, April 19 - 7:00pm
   Musician's Showcase  hosted by Todd South
 (7:00) Harmonic Prophecy
 (8:00) alldivide
 (9:00) Beard the Lion
 Reno Music Project @
   Maytan Music Center - 777 S. Center St. (upstairs)

www.RenoMusicProject.com

Todd C. South - www.toddsouth.com
ICQ: 1943809 MSN: tcsouth@xxxxxxxxx
Yahoo: tcsouth AIM: TaoshamanTCS