[regionalretreats] Jack Lawlor at Howell Nature Center 10/27

  • From: ewalt@xxxxxxxx
  • To: regionalretreats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:58:48 -0400

The Planning Team for this year's fall Regional Mindfulness Retreat in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh at Howell Nature Center is pleased to announce that Dharma Teacher Jack Lawlor from Chicago will join us for a Day of Mindfulness on Saturday, October 27.

Jack is a senior dharma teacher in the Plum Village tradition and has been offering a November Day of Mindfulness in Lansing for many years. This year he returns to Michigan to participate in the "Metta in the Mitten" Regional Retreat in lieu of his usual visit to Lansing. Jack will be with us just on Saturday.

 Day of Mindfulness with Jack Lawlor 10/27
 Howell Nature Center
 1005 Triangle Lake Road
 Howell, MI 48843

Howell is about a half hour south of Lansing and an hour from Detroit Metro Airport.

A Day of Mindfulness with Dharma Teacher Jack Lawlor, Saturday October 27

Sitting and walking meditation, a dharma talk, dharma discussion and an opportunity to receive the
Five Mindfulness Trainings in a formal ceremony.

Some preparation is required to receive the Trainings. Please telephone Carolyn White, 517-351-5866 for information or email info@xxxxxxxxx

Suggested donation is $20, $10 for students or low income. Lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Carla Thomas, carlathomas304@xxxxxxxxx if you are coming for the Day on Saturday.

There is also the opportunity to join us for the entire retreat. Your choice.

Metta in the Mitten Regional Retreat
Howell Nature Center
1005 Triangle Lake Road
Howell, Michigan 48843

October 26,27,28, 2018

Howell Nature Center is a modern retreat facility located off I-96 between Ann Arbor and Lansing. We have reserved two lodge buildings, Wildwings and Knoll, with accommodation for up to 82 people in either dormitory or semi-private rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Please see http://howellnaturecenter.org/school-programs/lodges/

We will gather together Friday evening, having had dinner elsewhere, and begin Mindfulness Practice at 7:30pm. The retreat will conclude on Sunday after our 1pm lunch.

The food will be potluck with everyone encouraged to bring a vegetarian or vegan item for breakfast or dinner, and something for the snack table. Further information about what to bring can be found at bluewaterbuddhist.org/regionalevents.htm

Retreat prices, covering two nights accommodation are $68/person for dormitory accommodation, and $80/person for accommodation in a semi-private room with bathroom. We will offer a scholarship rate of $25 for those of limited income - just let us know. Everyone is welcome. Please come and practice with us.

We need a minimum of 35 attendees to cover the cost of the two lodge buildings. If you can register before August 15 please do so, as this is the extended deadline with Howell Nature Center to reserve both buildings and the organizing team would appreciate your support to estimate the number of attendees to know whether we really need two lodges.

Registrations will continue to be accepted up to the date of the retreat. All paid registrations are fully refundable.

Checks or money orders payable to REGIONAL RETREATS in US dollars, or payable to CARLA THOMAS in Canadian dollars may sent to:

CARLA THOMAS
304 S KENWOOD AVE
ROYAL OAK, MI 48067
PH; 248 672 9549
carlathomas304@xxxxxxxxx

Please contact Carla Thomas or your local Sangha representative if you have any questions.