[regionalretreats] Environmental Mindfulness, Toledo 4/29.30 5/1

  • From: ewalt@xxxxxxxx
  • To: regionalretreats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:31:45 -0400

Dear Friends,

The Flowing Waters Sangha of Toledo, Ohio is sponsoring a weekend of environmental awareness, including a full Day of Mindfulness on April 30. Please see below for details and registration information.

Our Partnership with Planet Earth:
Living Mindfully for a Future to be Possible

April 29    April 30    May 1

We invite you to a weekend of three exceptional events focused on our endangered environment. The truth about how critically ill our earth really is, what's being done, what can be done, and how our actions are intertwined with our own happiness and spiritually.

Featured Speaker:  Environmental Expert George Hoguet

Mr. Hoguet is a trained member of The Climate Reality Corps, a global network of activists founded by former Vice President Al Gore along with leading scientists. A founder of the new Earth Holder Sangha, a North American Buddhist initiative, Mr. Hoguet is also an ordained
member of the Order of Interbeing, created by Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, the founder of Socially Engaged Buddhism.

FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 7 PM,
FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH, 3205 GLENDALE AVE., TOLEDO
A dynamic presentation entitled
“The Climate Crisis— From Tragedy to Transformation,”

covering topics from the key driving forces of climate change, the current realities, solutions beyond the technical ones. And the opportunity of a lifetime
— Ours! Free and open to all. Refreshments served. No registration required.

SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 9 AM TO 4 PM, BUEHNER CENTER, OAK OPENINGS PARK
A Day of Mindfulness retreat in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. George Hoguet will lead us in a program entitled “Climate Change as a Door to Awakening.”
The day will include Sitting and Walking Meditation...Dharma Discussion Groups
Fee $30, registration form below...Please bring your own meditation pillow or blanket...Continental Breakfast Provided...Bring Your Own Lunch

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 11 am,
FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH,
3205 GLENDALE AVE., TOLEDO
“Re-membering the Dharmakaya.”
“Mindfulness” from the Sanskrit word “smrti” has the root meaning of “remembrance” or “calling to mind.” In Mr. Hoguet's talk we will come together to
remember our connection to the formless beauty in Nature, the Dharmakaya, of which we are part, a cell. This is the remembrance in daily living, on which the future of all life depends.

Registration for April 30 Day of Mindfulness
AMOUNT ENCLOSED_________Return form with check to Karen Porter, 1215 Harvard Blvd.,
Toledo, OH 43614. For information, email
kjport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, telephone 419-382-2373
Sponsored by Flowing Waters Sangha of Toledo