[regional_school] Re: We Need to Name the School

  • From: Diane_Barone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:52:38 -0400

or Rochester Area Community School (RACS)

Diane Barone
School Counselor
Eastern Monroe Career Center
(585) 249-7254

Diane_Barone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: regional_school-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/01/2009 12:48 PM
Please respond to
regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, regional_school-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[regional_school] Re: We Need to Name the School

Rochester Region Community School

Diane Barone
School Counselor
Eastern Monroe Career Center
(585) 249-7254

Kristin Rapp <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: regional_school-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/01/2009 12:14 PM

Please respond to
regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[regional_school] Re: We Need to Name the School

COMMUNITY SCHOOL ? we belong to the whole community

Or Name after a local education hero or leader?

On 4/1/09 10:19 AM, "William Cala" <wcala9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For many reasons that some of you have pointed out to me (such as grant
writing, the message we wish to convey etc.) it is important that we name
the regional school.  Doing so will solidify the concept in the Greater
Rochester area.  The name will translate our vision to the community.

Yesterday, Keith Rankin (regional school planning member) and I sat down
at Edison to discuss the issue.  I want to take the time to thank Keith
for his help and prodding.

So.... the task......

I'd like to have an e-mail brainstorming session.  Keeping in mind the
belief statement (attached), please share your thoughts about a name.

The name should (could) be:

Easy to remember
Easy to spell
Has a desired message (either obvious or subtle)

Be creative.  Take a chance.  Share your thoughts!

This is brainstorming......There are no bad ideas.

Thanks!

Bill