[regional_school] TODAY'S NEWS OPENS NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR GENUINE TEST RENEWAL!

  • From: "Ellen Weber" <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:56:06 -0400

TODAY'S NEWS OPENS NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR GENUINE TEST RENEWAL!

The New Haven Fire Department destroyed test results of white firefighters who
scored higher than African Americans to allow promotions among black
firefighters. This troublesome case raises the question How can tests garner
more intelligent fair results?

Answers to that lie within renewed learning settings and the opportunity to
create intelligence fait tests has never been better presented. It's time to
renew our settings with the new question: How can tests value all people’s
genuine brainpower and predict their offerings at school, work and beyond?

Thankfully schools like Regional and SWW are living the solutions to unfair
test practices. Only a lived experience can inspire us all to move beyond ruts
in the testing field. Agree? Ellen

Ellen Weber (PhD)
Director - MITA International Brain Based Center
PO Box 347, Pittsford, NY 14534
MITA Brain Leaders and learners  blog: www.Brainleadersandlearners.com
MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com

        MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com

                From: Ellen Weber <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                To: dandrmacich@xxxxxxxxx
                Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 11:02 AM

                Brain Institute for Secondary Faculty in August 09

                Greetings  Secondary School Leaders,

                A top team is already lining up to help launch brain based
learning and assessment here in the Rochester area.  An exciting opportunity
exists for innovative secondary faculty and administrators to renew together –
with the brain in mind. Recommended by world leaders and listed in Howard
Gardner’s book, Intelligence Reframed, MITA Brain Institute is a 1st here in
New York . See http://twurl.nl/5k0ar5 and  http://twurl.nl/quo4wz for details.
Register now for this August 17-21 institute, and faculty will return to school
this fall with customized curriculum for measurably higher motivation and
achievement.

                The Brain Institute will apply practical tools from neuro
discoveries, that support your own fine endeavors for secondary learning and
assessment rejuvenation. See online sign-up at
http://mitaleadership.com/mita_education/MITA_Brain_Institute_Sign-up.htm

                Secondary faculty who actively participate in this August Brain
Institute, will join leaders who inspire change in their communities as well as
collaborate internationally. Registrants already include faculty as far away as
British Columbia . Experts locally affirm the timing for secondary school
renewal with this institute as an engine to support that reality. With
participating faculty as genuine change agents – the MITA International offers
support for one year to implement secondary curriculum and assessment tasks -
across diverse cultures - with the brain in mind. No new texts are needed, and
classroom ready brain based materials are included in tuition.

                Based on many valued learning theories, and new neuro
discoveries, the entire institute will extend theoretic underpinnings into
practical learning and assessment tasks ready for classroom use.  Find below,
practical takeaways central to this entire week:

                  a.. Institute materials included in tuition for institute
                  b.. No new course texts needed to use brain based tasks and
assessments
                  c.. Monthly support for ongoing faculty implementation
                  d.. Brain based lessons ready for fall secondary classes
                  e.. Intelligence-fair assessment tasks
                  f.. Collaborated solutions to learning barriers with expert
peers
                  g.. Emphasis on hidden and unused faculty and student
brainpower
                  h.. Support for approaches custom created for your unique
setting
                We look forward to the honor to support your secondary
faculty's rejuvenation plans at Rochester ’s 1st Brain Institute!

                Please do not hesitate to contact (585-421-3656) if we can
answer any further questions.

                Best wishes,

                Ellen Weber

                Ellen Weber (PhD)
                Director - MITA International Brain Based Center

                Phone 421-3656
                MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com