[regional_school] Re: Regional School and Meditation?

  • From: "Ellen Weber" <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:09:07 -0400

Great discussion and oh how relevant to learning success!

Yes- I agree that it is really about learning the techniques to both quiet the
mind at times, and activate faster brainwaves at other times. The key is to
help learners enable the correct mind waves for the learning or assessment task
at hand:-) It can be done - recent research shows! And they can also learn to
do this adaptation on their own as part of the tools they take from our
classes. There are four key brainwaves that stop or start learning -- and many
students get stuck in one without the skills to move into others that fit the
learning tasks at hand.  http://twurl.nl/l3mxdv

Thoughts?

Hope your own mental circuitry today is just what's needed to synapse  fine
value into your day! :-) Ellen

Ellen Weber (PhD)
Director - MITA International Brain Based Center
PO Box 347, Pittsford, NY 14534
MITA Brain Leaders and learners  blog: www.Brainleadersandlearners.com
MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com

        From: Dina Strasser <Dstrasser2703@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [regional_school] Regional School and Meditation?
        To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 9:19 AM

        Hi there everyone--

        I've been following the conversation between Ellen and Hussain (re:
development of heart and mind in school) with interest. I blogged on one of
their topics, the intersection of meditation and school, not too long ago. Take
a look if you have some time.
        The range of comments I received from all quarters of education were a
gift and very instructive.

        http://theline.edublogs.org/2009/01/03/would-the-bhudda-differentiate/

        -- Dina