[regional_school] NYSED positions

  • From: gena merliss <merliss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

A friend of mine works for the Commisioner of Education in Albany and just
received a lot of Race to the Top Money which she is looking to use.  Here are
a few positions that are in Albany and might be of interest to the smart and
active folks on this listserv.

I asked her if she had heard of the Regional School and though she hadn't, she
said that she'd give it a charter (they have 100 or so to charter now).  Is
this of interest to the group?

Gena Merliss

You had mentioned that you might have some people interested in the school
turnaround work here and the head of the charter schools office...  Attached to
this e-mail are some HR related information materials:

the flyer for leadership positions that we have open for RttT positions
a summary page of all of the positions - the school turnaround office
descriptions start on page 3
A draft working description of the head of the charter schools office
I have also attached Mass Insight's materials on building a school turnaround
office.  We will be working with them closely to design, staff and launch this
office - as well as provide on-going support to the staff and work over the
next few years.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.  The link to apply to the
school turnaround office jobs is:  http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/listing.html

Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be a good fit - we are taking
resumes and letters of interest.

-Sally

Sally Bachofer

New York State Education Department