[regional_school] Re: Grant Meeting

  • From: "Ellen Weber" <eweber1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:20:14 -0400

Thanks for your work on the grant draft, Dave - not an easy task!

I'd like to suggest that central to financial request is a compelling
curriculum statement that shows how reconfigured approaches will differ, how
renewed practices will win genuine results, why intelligent-fair assessments
will double as learning tools, and how this innovative enterprise can lead as a
prototype for excellence where all (or most) students will show evidence of
improved performances, based more on newfound curiosity, than dependant on
their past experiences.

With curriculum specifics at the center, and new proven approaches clearly
visible, the innovative school will stand a better chance of funding in light
of current secondary school failures.

Just a thought as you move the funding requests forward. What do you think?
Ellen

Ellen Weber (PhD)
Director - MITA International Brain Based Center
PO Box 347, Pittsford, NY 14534
MITA Brain Leaders and learners  blog: www.Brainleadersandlearners.com
MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com