[redwoodmen] Re: Text files for automation

  • From: "Craig Addleman" <c.addleman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <redwoodmen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:14:13 -0700

Conrad,

To login as an administrator, you need a password. The catch is that you
don't have one yet.

Here's how to login:
Go to //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi. Type in your regular e-mail
address and leave the 2nd field (a field, in case you're not familiar with
that term, is a area where your enter info) blank. Now, the freelist server
will e-mail a message to you, so you need to leave the browser window open,
and go to your e-mail program, find the message from freelists.org, and copy
the authorization code composed of random characters. Then go back to the
browser window and paste that authorization code into the password field,
and click on the password button. The next screen will take you to the Main
Menu screen, where you can set up a password for future logins. Very
important to not forget this password.
In the next week or so, as you explore how this list works, you will
discover that as an admin and as a subscriber, you need to set up a password
for each. Freelists advises using the same password for the sake of
simplicity.
If you still have trouble logging in, call me and I can walk you through
this. Conrad, feel free to call anytime if you're stuck with any of this. I
know it seems complicated but after you hit the 1st speed bumps, it gets
easier.

~craig