[realmusicians] Re: windows 7 instead

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:45:01 -0500

There was a guy named Scott who worked for ADK when I bought my laptop. He put my system together. Could have been the same guy, although Scott is a common enough name.

At 06:40 PM 10/28/2009 -0400, you wrote:
Yeah, Sonica is alive and well. I just don't know what the deal was with
ADK. That is, I don't know if Guy sold out the entire business to them or
basically the management of it and he's still building the systems.

The guy I happen to talk to was Scott. Seemed like a nice guy, but heh, doesn't everyone in the sales department? Although I must give him credit. I asked why it was only 75 bucks to upgrade the dual core processor to 2.8 GHz and something like 290 bucks for the 3.06 GHz monster. I said, am I missing something here? He said, nope. Don't waste your money. There's nothing else different about that upgrade. You're paying that fat chunk of change just for a little processor booster shot.

Then he said, it pays to call. You're a previous customer so that knocks 50 bucks off the price and no shipping charge. I said, great! how 'bout a Sonica t-shirt? His response? Don't push it. Heh! Nah, I'm kidding about that last one.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Belle" <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is sonica still going?

Who's the new guy to talk to over there?

They're still owned by adk right?

At 01:56 PM 10/28/2009, you wrote:
I just called Sonica Labs to see what they had to say regarding Windows 7.
They said, so far the OS (overall) looks pretty good, but, not exactly
what you wanted to hear, the biggest problem is waiting for software and
hardware, namely drivers, to become available. So no matter which way you
go, back to XP or forward to Windows 7, you'll no doubt have a driver
search on your hands.

Oh yeah, and he talked me in to a screaming new laptop too. grin.

Good luck,
Tom

At 10:42 AM 10/28/2009, you wrote:
hi all:

if u please,
now, i can't find xp drivers for my laptop, so i must choose, vesta or
windows7, so, can we use our programs with windows 7?
SONAR, SIBELIUS, ALL OUR EFFECTS ETC?

Thanks
Cheers
RAmy Moustafa

signature database 4552 (20091028) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4553 (20091028) __________

http://www.eset.com

                Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

        Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.