[realmusicians] Re: window-eyes observations

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:36:17 -0500

Tom correct, i have been running eudora since 1998 or so, and outside of graphics i have never had trouble. have two machines here and it runs well and can't figure out why hes seeing window eyes is already runing.

its amazing how all our machines differ and if i was a programmer i would shut myself <smile> no wonder people go crazy trhying to duplicate things.

as well jfw and ct didn't get messed up here so round and r9ound we go <arghhh>
At 10:04 AM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with 7.5.2, Chris. Strange. Lots of folks on the info list say it's more responsive. the only gripes I've seen are about Thunderbird. But folks both at GW and on the info list have said that Mozilla products are buggy whether there's a screen-reader on the system or not.

I don't know what's up with Sonar, the registry entries, or why it's not getting along with the shark. Nothing was mentioned about anything being changed.

And it's amazing how a small percentage of users can have so many weird problems and that some are very system specific. e.g. botched installations. I've done 20 installs on my Win 7/64 desktop and XP notebook and haven't had a single problem. And I haven't seen another message from anyone who has.

But the Eudora thing is puzzling. I've never heard this from another Eudora user. It's somehow trying to run Window-Eyes. That's the only way you'll get the Window-Eyes is already running message. It's a standard programming practice for single instance programs. The first procedure that runs is always to see if the program is already running, and if so it displays that message, then closes. So either something's messed up with shortcuts or Eudora is inserting a Ctrl-Shift-W virtual key combination. I'd double check the shortcuts and try changing them just for the heck of it. I'd also look at the run command for Eudora and see if there are any parameters passed. If so, see if any of them are mapped to a Ctrl-Alt-W in Eudora's key map.

Hth,
Tom

On 11/21/2011 11:15 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
I am now using window-eyes 7.2 refresh.

I suspect that since window-eyes 7.5, something's been very broken with
we, I have had really funny stuff, it all started with the major
re-write with 7 then got better with the 7.2 refresh, then got a whole
lot worse again, with 7.5, and then really got upset with 7.5.2.

I've just been trying to work in 7.5.2, and even though they put the
access hack back in with a script, it's mushy.

it feels jitery, that's the only way to explain it, like the speech
can't keep up with me also stuff reported earlier, botched
installations, I actually ghosted back, and silly me didn't keep a copy
of 7.5.1 around can't lay my hands on that, so I can't go back to that.

also there seems to be some kind of conflict with sonar, eudora and
window-eyes, my main tools.

It's the damnest thing I've ever seen.

With window-eyes 7.5, once sonar just quit working period, and I had to
re-install.

Why would gwmicro take the registry values out of a perfectly working
tool and make it have to happen with a script?

This also fowled up jaws and jsonar,
man what aggrivation in the middle of a very productive time too.

I know that bugs have to happen,
but this is ridiculous.

I really like certain things about we,
the mouse exploration methods, but we feels like a house being eaten up
by termites, or as my friend Indigo put it, or a beloved wife who's lost
her mind and you hope she'll come right, I bout fell out of my chair
when he said that.

My tool I've depended on for years even though it had it's weaknesses is
no longer the most stable screen reader on the market.

I sure don't want to make anyone mad, because there is one cat in our
midst I know who's worked their butt off to make we better,
but I can't be the only one this stuff is happening to.

Well, one more sma and we'll see.

maybe there's a 7.5.4 or a 7.5.5 ready in a coule months to address some
of these strange issues.

I am so sick of we can't reproduce the problem 'grin'.

I hope you other we users on here have had a better experience than me,
today's been the pits 'grin'.

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx