[realmusicians] window-eyes behaving

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "realmusicians-freelists.org" <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:58:49 -0600

Well, I just don't know wha to think.

since I ghosted back and put we 7.2 refreshed version on my system, my screen-reader is my friend again.

all sorts of little things, like list views not becomming unfocused, windows not disappearing, namely sonar, and snappy response.

There's still the maddening thing about window-eyes loosing typed characters if you go too fast in emails and such, that's been around forever, but over all, atleast on my hardware, we 7.2 refresh seems to be the sweet spot.

Now I wonder if somehow the new ui stuff is messing up performance in xp since that's what I'm using?
Haven't tried we in w7 yet,
but in a discussion with a friend, it was brought out that the ui stuff can sometimes cause problems with non ui stuff, is this true?

Could it be that the older we is just a better match for the older os, maybe the advancing technology broke something for the old stuff inadvertently.

What do the programmer types say?

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx