[realmusicians] Re: window-eyes 7.5.2 messes up sonar

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:45:41 -0500

I'm stupid enough to have put 7.5.2 on this business machine, so it's messed up Thunderbird big time, but I'm not letting 7.5.2 anywhere near my music computer. If I can't find some setting to turn off this incessant double talking of sentences from the beginning to cursor position; as I type replies in Thunderbird, I'm rolling back to 7.5.1, and never buying another version of Window-Eyes ever, and you can please tell GW Micro to stuff it you know where!

Indigo L

On 11/21/2011 3:47 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
Good day gwmicro?

I am carbon copying this to my own list of musicians some of whom use
window-eyes and sonar.

Beware, the new upgrade will take out the registry values that made
sonar atleast basically accessible with window-eyes.

You can download the sonar basic script which is supposed to fix this,
but it didn't immediately work for me.

After a couple of times of re-installing it, rebooting, and also having
to re-install jsonar which seems to conflict with we now in some strange
ways, I have them both working.

also when installing the latest 7.52 patch, I never got the finishing
message the first time, had to do it again.

This is on an xp system, but a high powered i7 with plenty of ram.
A purpose built daw.

haven't tested on windows 7 yet.

There also seem to be focusing issues, where I know I opened an app, but
it disappears and I have to hit the icon to open the program again and
give it focus.

Also and this is a long standing problem since the window-eyes 7 days,
when I run eudora, window-eyes sometimes thinks I'm trying to run it
again and it says, window-eyes already running.

So my first thoughts on window-eyes are that things got worse, not better.
\
Atleast for me, but I say that in the spirit of encouragement, and am
glad that the basic script was posted to fix sonar.

It'd be good to have the exact registry value that works with sonar
8.5.3 that window-eyes expects, as it seems to be separate from the jaws
one now, because I had a generic registry .reg which used to work, but
it didn't work on fixing the problem with 8.5.3 of sonar, I had to
download the app.

What's up with that?

At any rate, I'm glad I didn't have to re-image my system, it was
probably foolish of me to put a new upgrade on a production machine, but
I never imagined this would happen.

I'm in the middle of two albums and the last thing I need is a big
re-install.

Well, hopefully others will give feedback,
and bugs will get fixed, one of my students was good enough to alert me
to the window-eyes issues with sonar.

and I really hope window-eyes and jaws will play nice together on the
same system, and I'm not forced to make a choice.

Thank you very much.

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx