[realmusicians] Re: good piano synth

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:48:14 -0500

There's some half way decent soundfont pianos floating around too,
and nice one's sold for giga format that you can load up with vsampler.

I'll see what I can dig up out of soundfonts that I like of my favorites when I get some time.

Studio's going like crazy now, we've got two christmas projects and a gospel album going on.

Also a rock chick album.

Wow, god is good and we haven't even advertised yet.

At this rate, we might get that loan paid off sooner than later.

At 10:56 PM 10/29/2009, you wrote:
chad,
there's afew.
acoustica.com make a thing called pianissimo. is quite good as is relatively good sound for only $90. and is a small sample size.

also is truepianos. also pianoteq.

these are smallish ones in sample size and i think reasonable prices.
I thought the pianissimo was surprisingly good sound for the money, but I mean considering it's costs. But of course subjectively there are far better sounding ones around. depends what type of music you're doing, is best to listen to them. they will all sound different and find one who's sound appeals to you.

Is also the grand3 by steinberg. is very nice. is actually 5 pianos in total. is 3 different grand pianos, an upright and a yamaha electric piano. Is a very nice sounding piano but may be too over the top for you in size and or price.

I know the grand 3 is current, but I haven't checked these others for a while so they may be still there or disappeared.

Was another mob called absolute pianos, but i think he was more specialized. you could also google soft synth piano or similar and i'm sure a hole bunch will come up. There's a lot of rubbishy pianos out there, but i'm sure you'll find something you like.

Ross.