[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:40:52 -0600

Really , you think that often?

Didn't think ntfs drives got defragged that badly often.

I guess how much writing to the drives you do makes a difference too.
I do mine about once a month, or check it and see if it tells me to do so or not.

At 10:57 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Win7 does a basic defrag (not the same as a manual run), when the system's been idol for over 15-20 minutes. If enabled, a windows defender scan runs prior to that. This defrag is good enough to keep a basic system going good, but for daws you should still run the full manual defrag on all drives at least every 2 weeks.

HTH, D!J!X!