[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:21:01 -0500

I heard the page file slows down a daw, so I selected zero as page file size, and my new machine really seemed to go faster afterward. I've read that the page file was only good if you have not enough ram, since the hard drive is so much slower than ram. I think it's true, since I tried sselecting zero for the page file on my slow old machine, with inadequate ram onboard, and it got much slower, so I had to revert to the original page file size, then it speeded back up to what it was.

Indigo L

On 11/23/2011 10:57 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
A good imaging program will let you delete your page file and other
space hoggers too.

YOur doin the right thing Ross, a disk imaging is never wasted time, and
you will thank your prevention method is something goes swrong.

it's saved my butt more times than i can count.

At 09:34 PM 11/23/2011, you wrote:
Hi Tom, Indigo and d j x.
Thanks for the info.

Yes we grabbed c clean and did all that.

I'm about to make a new image of my win7 32 disk and wanted to clean
it up
before imaging.

Ross.