[realmusicians] Re: clean up on win7

  • From: Tom Kingston <tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:01:17 -0500

Yep. I usually clear out everything in the internet cache, run disk cleanup, then defrag. Windows 7 defrag can be scheduled, but I don't know if it's on by default. Mine wasn't. And I didn't turn it on because I like to clean house and then defrag.

And I just downloaded and ran CCleaner last week for something; I can't remember what now. But it did the job.

Tom

On 11/22/2011 7:00 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
I think the same disk clean up tools are still available in w7 huh?

If I remember right.

At 03:48 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Hi Folks,
Was wondering what peeps are using to clean up and problem check under
win 7.
I'm using MSE. I used to use jkdfrag and c clean on xp.

So are peeps using any tools like that under win 7? I believe win 7
does it's own defrag, so one like jkdfrag isn't so needed.

Any Suggestions, be appreciated.

Ross.

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx