[realmusicians] Re: Running Winize 7.5.2, god Help Me?

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:18:40 -0500

From my experience running Reason on XP, I would think you'd get all it can do if you ran it on one of those older boxes around there, maybe that dual core with the 2 gigs of ram. In those Reason demo songs you hear what impressive sounds can be done with 5 or 6 devices running, and if your dual core can load and run those demo songs, it's powerful enough for Reason. Then you can get that Code Meter off your commercial system, just in case it's actually a drag

Indigo L
.

On 11/23/2011 12:45 AM, Chris Belle wrote:
YOu know I sustected that too, that reason was causing some drag.

These copy protection schemes can sure be troublesome.

maybe reason would be best put on it's own machine and controled via midi.

YOu won't get the best out of it that way, but atleast you'd get the
sounds.

At 10:48 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
Not to start a war here, but have you configured and optimized
windows7 for
daw use? Also, what are your system specs?

Actually one of reason's new drawbacks is that protection system
they're now
using; it runs this code meeter service, which has these sparatic spikes
from time to time, not to mention, it won't let go of your system, even
after uninstalling reason and everything else...
On one of my test systems, a pentium dual core, the system continually
ran
slow until I restored my preReason6 installation image.
I've been meaning to try it on xp, as I did the tests on win7, both
x86 and
64.

Regards, D!J!X!