[realmusicians] Re: Running Winize 7.5.2, god Help Me?

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:59:56 -0500

It's okay Tom, problems solved.
I got a system restore back 2 days, before this disaster; so now I have Wineyes 7.5.1 again. I wasted time trying to install 7.5.1 on top of 7.5.2 and got a message that some hook or the other could not be set, so lost speech at that point, but my wife did the restore.
Thanks for your help,
Indigo L

On 11/22/2011 9:19 AM, Tom Kingston wrote:
Make sure Show advanced options is on under the help menu. Open the
keyboard node and cursor down once to the voice node. Then tab once for
the speak options.

I've never had any problem with the backspace key.

I just tried Ctrl-Shift-R and got the same result as you. I never
noticed because I've never used it in a composition window before.

Hth,
Tom

On 11/22/2011 8:30 AM, Indigo wrote:
I just looked in the control panel, and that old setting of speak
characters, or whole words as you type seems not to be there any more.
Next I'm going to get off the thunderbird.000 set file, because it might
be a new one they developed for 7.5.2; and not the one I had developed
myself in 7.5.1.
I do notice small improvements in thunderbird, the backspace is more
reliable, but the old read to end shortcut control+shift+R now only
reads the single sentence I'm on, and not to the end, as before..
I wish I could type that blithring idiot noise the Three Stooges used,
you know, where you make a noise with your mouth as youflip across your
lips with a finger.
that's how I feel typing in this madness! smile.
Indigo L

On 11/21/2011 1:59 PM, Roy Shtupler wrote:
maybe it's something to do with keyboard settings; will further look.
cheers
Roy.
http://elephant-dolphin.bandcamp.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Indigo" <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>