[realmusicians] Re: Reaper on Win 7/64?

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:42:33 -0500

Tom crashes here, and i haven't run reaper for over a ponth as i have har to much recording to do. I does not however crash under jfw. but reaper 64bit is crashing withb we and it may be reaccess don't know.

At 12:27 PM 11/26/2011, you wrote:
I've been meaning to give Reaper a whirl seeing as I'm not really doing anything in my studio and I don't feel like battling Sonar bloat, complexity, and accessibility. But someone on the GW list said that Reaper 64 wouldn't run on Win 7/64 and blamed it on Window-Eyes. Then one of the guys at GW installed Reaper 64 on Win 7/64 and it ran fine. That is until he installed ReAccess. Then it blew up. And it didn't matter if Window-Eyes was running or not. I'm not sure, but I think he said he even tried it on his laptop at home which doesn't even have Window-Eyes installed and the same thing happened.

So, knowing absolutely nothing about Reaper, I'm wondering if installing the 32 bit version will work on Win 7/64, where to get the latest (or best) builds, and any documentation, tutorials, podcasts, etc.

And while we're on the subject, has anyone compared Reaper versus Audacity? From what little I've heard I get the impression that Reaper is the better of the two. Any comments?

Thanks much,
Tom