[realmusicians] HotSpotClicker Set Name Window Title Switching Bug

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'JSonar -- JAWS Scripts for Sonar list'" <jsonar@xxxxxxxxxx>, <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:05:29 +0100

        Hi all!

Have found a bug in the latest HotSpotClicker_196 that prevents automatic
Window Title switching working as advertised.   Let me explain further.
Note: this bug for some reason does not appear on every system.  For
example, Tim burgess is running Windows XP and he can't repro.   I am
running Windows XP on this laptop currently and I can repro.  The bug only
happens if the following conditions are true.  Your HSC set name is
different to the Window Title.  For example, I can see this in any of the
Sonitus affects.  The sonitus Compressor set name is:

Sonitus_fx Compressor.hsc

But the Window title is:

Sonitus:fx Compressor

If the above conditions are met then, the Sonitus Compressor set does not
load, even though  it should.  To complicate things further, if you recreate
the Sonitus Compressor set then, the Window Title and set name are the same
as written above though obviously you don't want to do that as you will wipe
out the Sonitus Compressor set.

Temporary work around.  We can't rename the set because the colon character
can't be used in Window file names so we shall have to edit the Sonar.hsc
file.  In this example we shall use the Sonitus Compressor set name.  If you
go into your:

Sonar.hsc

Set and locate the code for the Sonitus FX Compressor and change it so that
it looks like this:

Sonitus:fx Compressor=Sonitus_fx Compressor.hsc

Then every thing will work as it should and the sets will switch.  Note: you
can do this with all of the sonitus suite affects.  BtW, am nearly finished
reworking all of the HSC sets into multiple spot rings and will post on that
soon.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021