[realmusicians] Dual boot pro

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:49:48 -0500

I want to wait for the Samsung F3 to become available again, it's on back order in many web stores, unless I pay twice the price. Meanwhile, I want to install XP Pro on another partition on the hard drive of my 64 bit Windows 7 machine. Yes, I have XP Pro, and also XP drivers on disk from the computer maker, and I also checked to learn if the motherboard is XP compatible.

.Has anyone used Dual Boot Pro?
Sure, it's easy and all that, same as all sellers say, but has anyone here used it without sighted help? Microsoft warns that you cannot go backwards; from Windows 7 already installed to Windows XP, there's a problem with the older OS recognizing booting files, or some such thing, so, no, you can't use the built in dual boot system in Windows 7 to go back to XP.
I want real XP, not those virtual XP, or XP mode in Windows 7 substitutes.

So, any experience using Dual Boot Pro?

there's another way, I guess.
Besides Windows 7 64 bit, I haven't installed anything really essential on my new computer, nothing I don't still have the installers for. The manufacturer, ZT Inc., supplies a full Windows 7 64 bit on disk, plus XP drivers, even a version of Lenux and its drivers. Besides that, I already bought Windows 7 32 and 64 for another machine, and still have that disk, so I'm well fixed for Win 7. I could just do a clean install of my XP Pro., plus drivers from the manufacturer's disk. If I ever decide to return to the 21st century and Windows 7, I could, but I'll bet I won't.
Comments, judicious warnings, anyone?
Indigo L