[real-eyes] sick computer

  • From: "Cathy Pyper" <cpyper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:46:43 -0600

Hello, My lap top died.  It would come on but there was nothing there.  I was
told it was the mother board and he thought it would cost about $200
.00 plus $75.00 to install.  Plus another $25.00 for it to be taken out there
and then brought home.  I was told that he could not save any of the
information and everything would have to be installed.  It's only two years
old.  It Windows Vista. Does this sound right?  I would need to pay someone to
install everything all over again as well.  I really like that lap top but is
it worth putting this kind of money in to it?  Thank you for any advice.
Cathy
To join the First Steps email discussion group click below
www.firststepsfortheblind.org