[real-eyes] Re: new member

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:21:55 -0600

You will find at least 8 IPhone fanatics on this list.  Our Real Eyes
Christmas party last year somehow ended up turning into an IPhone party,
with all the phones drinking and talking to each other and having a great
time and ignoring their owners, smile.  Anyway, it was interesting.  I hear
there is a decent Android screen reader called Steel, and an initiative for
Android called Raising the Floor for Android accessibility, so don't give
up, and I'll send you what resources I can, but I fear the accessibility is
never going to be as good or complete as it is on the closed proprietary
IOS4 platform just because of the way apps are developed for Apple, and
because they keep very tight control over the API.s for the operating system
and build in accessibility from the ground up.  Now  I don't know if any of
that makes sense or is true, but it sounds good anyway, doesn't it?

Reggie