[real-eyes] Re: looks like just a keyboard, it actually has a whole computer inside

  • From: "Jim Ellsworth" <jellsworth1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:36:29 -0400

Hi,

I looked at this on Amazon and I believe it has a small touch screen on it.
If so that could probably be turned off but I don't see much else about it
to drive me to buy it.  It has the same old 1.6 GHZ Adam processor with 1 GB
of RAM and runs Win XP Home and weighs about 2.4 pounds which is only
slightly less than some other netbooks with a bit faster processor and much
better battery life.  Asus makes a model now with up to 14 hours of battery
life.  You probably won't get that much but like anything else it depends on
how you use it and what options are on such as Bluetooth etc.  I think we
would be paying for the touch screen thing which we really don't need
otherwise I think it is way over priced.

Thanks,
Jim