[real-eyes] link to this week's Books & Beyond

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ACB List" <acb-l@xxxxxxx>, "ccb list" <CCB-L@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Missouri Chat List" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "mcb List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mikes Mess List" <mikesmess2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ATI list" <ati@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:38:25 -0500

What is the significance of what we call oldtime radio? How did it begin,
and why was it so popular in its day? What was involved in the change from
radio to television, and who made that transition successfully?
On the next Books And Beyond, we'll speak with John and Larry Gassman who
are experts in the field. They were consultants on Leonard Maltin's book
"The Great American Broadcast." We will talk with them about their
relationship with oldtime radio and with the people involved in its
production. Because of the vast nature of this topic, we made it into a
2-part show. The first part airs this weekend over www.ACBRadio.org on the
mainstream channel. Check the schedule for times in your area. Part 2 will
be heard the same time next weekend. Enjoy. Now, to hear the show just click
below.
You have successfully uploaded a file called gassmans2.mp3 (27 MB), to
sendspace.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vhcv73