[real-eyes] Re: Steve

  • From: "Chip Bloch" <Chip.Bloch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:13:31 -0500

Howdy,

I will be sending positive thoughts your way.  Please keep us updated on how he
is doing.  Maybe you could take him one of his electronic toys to play with
while he is in the hospital.  Just don't hook it up to any important monitors!

Chip

>>> "& Ruthie" <chaosynchronous@xxxxxxxxx> 8/24/2008 10:26 PM >>>
Hi.  There are a few of you that know this already, so feel free to delete, but
for the rest...Steve is in the hospital and is having surgery in the morning.
Two weeks ago he fell down our stairs and broke a piece of hardware he had in
his head from when he had cancer...it's (or it was) a cap on the outside of the
skull with a catheter going into the brain, and when he fell, he broke the
catheter part away from the top that sat outside his skull.  A week and a half
ago they slid the broken top part out an incision in his head...it had slid
down the side of his head...and sealed the hole in his skull.  Last Sunday he
started leaking brain fluid out the incision and we took him to the
neurosurgery clinic and they sealed the incision with surgical glue.  Well
instead of leaking out, over the next two days, it collected under his scalp.
We took him to the ER Thursday evening and they drew the fluid out and sent it
to the lab.  He had developed an infection in the fluid, so they have him on IV
antibiotics and are going to remove the catheter part of the broken thing in
the morning.

He's out at KU and we're not sure when he's coming home yet, but when he does
he'll be on IV antibiotics for two-three weeks.  I'll write when I get home
tomorrow and let everyone know how surgery went.

Ruthie &

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

"We are more than the sum of our parts."
Private mail is *always* welcome.

      MSN Messenger ID: clark.ruthie@xxxxxxxxx
      Yahoo ID: chaosynchronous
      AOL ID: