[real-eyes] Podcasting

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:11:51 -0500

Nancy, are your instructions going to need to be frequently updated, or will
they remain fairly constant?

If the content does not change frequently, you may not need to go through
the multi-step process of creating a podcast.

File formats will depend on the Olympus model that you have.

If you have the DS-40 or the earlier model, I believe its the WM  320, you
can create WMA files.  This wouldn't work for podcasting, because the WMA
files would need to be converted to MP3's.

However, anyone can play WMA files, it would be a matter of finding a place
to host them, or using a service like SendSpace so that you would give the
MT a link that they would click, and download the instructions.
I hope this is slightly helpful, perhaps with more information we can figure
something out.