[real-eyes] Re: More on Immunet

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:11:33 -0500

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this one.  It's a fascinating concept.  This is still a private
company, so giving them the access they so blithely ask for to my social
network makes me a little nervous.  I wonder when they come out with their
paid version if they will market even to the people who don't choose to
install it?  And how much access do they have to samples they take from your
computer?  And what privacy concerns are there?  I wish it had a free decent
accessible firewall.  And none of these products, even the paid ones, seem
to do much of anything when it actually comes down to removing the viruses
after you get infected.  And I really don't want to be notified by two
programs every time I get a false positive.  I have enough pop-ups as it is.
I'm not totally against it.  I just think I need more time and information
to decide if it would  really be worth it.