[real-eyes] Re: Microsoft Security Essentials

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:59:21 -0500

Hi, I am still learning about Windows 7, the more I use it, the better I
like it.

After having installed the Microsoft Security Essentials,  type System Tray
into the Start Menu search box.

The first item that should come up will be:

Remove icons from Notification Area System Tray on the Desktop

When you press Enter on this item, you'll be presented with a screen of all
the possible items running in the System Tray, each will be represented with
a combo box, allowing you to show or hide each notification.

When I chose to show the status of Microsoft Security Essentials, the
Computer Protected status message  showed up just like you would expect.

Hope this helps.