[real-eyes] Info on Summer Picnic & First Steps for the Blind Fundraiser

  • From: "Cathy Pyper" <cpyper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nick Sacco" <kccatdude@xxxxxxx>, "P Bullock" <pbullo22@xxxxxxxxx>, <pat.j.carle@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Patricia M Reyes" <preyes1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patrick Palmer" <ppalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Hugel" <paulovpk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "peppa4u" <terreg7@xxxxxxxxx>, <PigSubacon@xxxxxxx>, <plawolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rachel Bailey" <baileycandleco@xxxxxxxxx>, "Ralph" <rsole@xxxxxxxxx>, <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>, <Rick_Fitzwater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rita McGuire" <ritakay5@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ruby Polk" <r.polk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sampson, Peggy" <psampson@xxxxxx>, "Sansone, Lauren N." <LNSansone@xxxxxxx>, "Shanley, Maggie \(OCH\)" <MaggieShanley@xxxxxxxxx>, "Sharon Raby" <sraby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:58:03 -0500

Your Cordially Invited!!!

First Steps for the Blind and

Progressive Council for the Blind's

Summer Picnic & First Steps for the Blind Fundraiser

Date:  June 19th, 2010

Time:  11AM to 3PM

Place:  Oak Grove Park

7600 N. Troost

Gladstone, MO.  64118

All tickets are $1.00

Tickets will buy:  first meal consisting of hotdog, chips, first soda

Extra Helpings: $1.00    Extra soda   50 cents

You must present a ticket or $1.00

(Band members and volunteers eat free)

=20

Activities to include:

Cake walk           fortune teller            donut hole eating contest

Ladies best dessert contest         auctioning off single men

=20

Jim Fettgather will be playing throughout the day for donations, ($1.00 =
per song request), for First Steps for the Blind.

=20

Last Event of the day:  pie toss

At approximately 1PM we will close the silent auction of the fabulous =
prizes we were fortunate to receive

(Open bidding for prizes are from 11AM to 1PM)

There will also be a $1.00 raffle for other assorted prizes!

We still need volunteers so please don't hesitate to call

=20

Volunteers needed:

2 judges for dessert contest     operator for cake walk    ticket =
sellers

prize  distributor          bakers needed for cakewalk

=20

I would also like to personally invite all the blind groups in the city =
including but not limited too:

David Rosenketters Blind Outreach Program

Allied Workers for the Blind Program

Blinded Veterans Association

And lastly,  anyone you know who is visually impaired are most welcome =
to attend with their families!!!

=20

"I may be down, but I am not out, so come on out and see me...I will be =
there!"

=20

            Hoping to see as many of you as possible,

Cathy Pyper

=20

=20

Contact info:

Phone:  816-455-5219

Email:  cpyper@xxxxxxxxx

To join the First Steps email discussion group click below=20
www.firststepsfortheblind.org