[real-eyes] Re: Hidden Internet folders

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:37:05 -0600

There are two methods for organizing Internet favorites, I like the
second method the best.

The first is from within Internet Explorer.
Go to the favorites menu, and select organize favorites.
From here, there are a variety of options for creating folders and
moving favorites around wherever you like..

I find that performing this tedious task is much easier from within My
Computer, or, Windows Explorer.
If using Windows XP,
On the C drive, locate Documents and Settings, your user name, and then
the favorites folder.
When you open the folder, all the folders, and folders within folders
will be presented, and you can use typical cut and paste methods via the
keyboard to move them at will.

If using Vista, just activate the Start Menu and type in Favorites.

In the results, You will be presented with both a Programs Group and a
Files group.
It appears as if you can open either one, as they will both lead
directly to your Favorites folder, where once again, you can cut and
paste files and folders as you like.

.