[real-eyes] Firefox and WevVisum

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:24:02 -0500

I am not sure whether someone may have already posted this information to the
list, but htis is a fantastic combination.
First, download and install Firefox 3 from
www.getfirefox.com

Then download Webvisum and create an account at

www.webvisum.com

This Webvisum interface with firefox boasts lots of improvements to web access
for the blind, such as community labeling of troublesome links and form fields.

However, similar initiatives are already happening through System Access and
C-SAW, and also IBM.

but to me, its key feature is  the ability to solve CAPTIA codes almost
instantly.

Type the characters you see in the box.

The moment you  encounter this, with Webvisum and Firefox running, press
Control Alt 6, and witnin a moment, the code is copied to your clipboard and
ready to paste into the CAPTIA box with Control V.

While audio CAPTIA's are great, they exclude access to anyone using a Braille
display.
This solution is universal and should work for everyone.

I have already used this combination for CAPTIA's on Yahoo! and
www.mozy.com, an online storage site.

I hope someone may find this short review helpful.