[real-eyes] Re: Changing Defaults for audio files

  • From: "Sarah Jevnikar" <sarah.jevnikar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:47:58 -0400

Thank you, Jim. That fixed it.
Sarah Jevnikar

-----Original Message-----
From: real-eyes-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:real-eyes-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jim Fettgather
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 12:14 PM
To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [real-eyes] Re: Changing Defaults for audio files

There are a number of ways to accomplish this, depending on the operating
system, but the following method seems to work for both XP and Vista.

Highlight the audio file that you wish to open.
Press the Applications Key and arrow down to Open With, and press Right
arrow to access this submenu.
There should be a list of applicable programs, but go ahead and down arrow
to Choose Program and press Enter.
Find the program you want, and check the box to always use this program to
open this type of file.