[real-eyes] A Jaws question I should know.

  • From: "Nancy VanSandt" <maxvanwon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:10:05 -0500

Hi!  I'm using Jaws 8 and just for something different, I decided to change my
typing echo from none to words in my transcription program, which is basically
MSWord.  The problem now is that Jaws is speaking every one of my keyboard
functions including my function keys and everything...way too much information!
 How can I fix this so that it won't say everything like space for spacebar,
etc?  I know I can go into Jaws config to keyboard options and then key labels
and customize all of that stuff, but can someone tell me if there is an easier
way to do this?  Didn't we used to have an option somewhere that said, "key
labels off", or something like that?  Hopefully, thanks!
Nancy Van Sandt
Medical Transcriptionist
Certified MT Trainer