[real-eyes] A Braille display question.

  • From: "Nancy Van Sandt" <nanvan53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:54:08 -0500

Hi!  I have been helping a friend of mine who has just gotten a Focus
80-cell Braille display.  I have one myself, and I use it all of the time.
We have all of her default settings saved the way she wants them.  The
problem is that whenever we press insert F2 and press enter on "adjust
Braille options" all of the levels such as translation options, cursor
options, panning options, marking options, etc. remain closed.  She opened
them all up with her right arrow and then closed out Adjust Braille Options,
but when she went back in there, they were all closed again.  I went in to
her computer using Tandem and tried it, closing Adjust Braille Options with
alt-c and also with alt-f4 and when I went back in there, they were all
closed again.  She is a medical editor and really needs her display.  Does
anyone have any idea why these levels would continue to remain closed even
though she has opened them and tried to save them that way?  I have
suggested that she call Freedom Scientific in the morning, but I thought I'd
ask over here first.  Thanks for any suggestions

Nancy Van Sandt

Today is a gift