[rc3r] Re: Phase 3 Executive Order 67

  • From: "Ken Young" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "kanawha72" for DMARC)
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 10:48:12 -0400

This reads to me as something you would have in a museum. No interactive displays, having a defined path past the exhibits, "discourage congregating and reduce contact with high-touch surfaces", and so on. I don't see how this works for us since we tend to have groups that linger plus a lot of interaction between the club members and the visitors. It can be made to work but it will take time to set up and anyone manning the display is responsible to make sure they and the public follow the rules. Do the club members want that responsibility?

Would we need to check visitors temperature with a non contact thermometer and run through a checklist asking if they had symptoms in the previous week or two? I run into this a lot.

Does the RF&P's liability insurance cover pandemics? Suppose someone decides they got the virus from one of the SIG's displays and decides to take the RF&P to court. Are we covered?

Ken

On 6/30/2020 9:17 PM, Thomas Gilsdorf (Redacted sender tlg225ccr94 for DMARC) wrote:

Gentlemen,

Governor Northam has issued Executive Order #67. We constitute "Entertainment and Public Amusement". The RF&P Board will be meeting tomorrow @ 3:00 PM to discuss SIGs resuming public display. Assuming the RF&P Board approves reopening, the RC3R Board will be meeting on Thursday morning. We will be reviewing the Phase 3 requirements to:

  * Do a gap analysis of what we have already done, and what we have
    left to do
  * Schedule a work session to prepare the Storefront and layouts for
    display
  * Solicit members for participating in operating sessions Since we
    are so limited in venues for 2020, I would like to suggest we plan
    to display 2 weekends/month at the Storefront.

Please take a moment to read through one of the attached files (provided in two formats).  If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know ASAP so they can be addressed at either or both Board meetings.

Gilly