[rc3r] Re: N&W Dynamometer Car

  • From: Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:51:36 -0400

Great  looking car. Malcom does some fine work.

Ken

On 4/17/2017 9:35 PM, tlg225ccr94@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Guys,

THIS ONE IS MINE!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to have this. Dr Love (Rev Malcom Byrd) on the OGR Forum has built this for me. This project has taken over two years. He is shipping it on Friday. It is 1of 4, and the *_only_* 3 rail version. One of one, it doesn't get any better than that. This is 100% scratch-built. If you haven't been following the project...OGR N&W Dynamometer Car <http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/nandw-dynamometer-car-construction-has-begun?page=1>

Look for this on a modular layout near you (SMV 2017) as part of the N&W 2300 Steam Turbine Electric consist. For those of you that don't already know, my father was on the 2300 project from 1954-1957. His picture is in the back of the book "Tale of the Turbine". Dad always said that the 2300 was the best stationary boiler ever built.We lost Dad in 2006/ I only wish he could have seen this.

The 2300 was seldom seen w/o this car in-tow; right behind the 2nd auxiliary water tender.

This car has knocked my two Natty Boh cars down to the third place on the most special car in my collection. This one is #1; the Malcolm Byrd N&W CF Caboose is #2..