[rc3r] Re: Chesterfield County Fair 2017

  • From: Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 19:46:32 -0400

I'm not going to miss this venue. After the downsizing, forced hike from the parking lots which limits what we can bring to run, and restricted ticket distribution I've lost all interest in the Fair. It's just a hassle anymore. As far as being Plan B, if they do decide they want us back we need ask for more, say $750 to $1000. If they don't want to, then we need to wish them luck and walk away.

Ken

On 5/5/2017 4:33 PM, William Robertson wrote:

Ben called me today with an update on the Chesterfield County Fair for 2017. The Fair is planning some changes for this year. The Fair has offered our spot to a robotics group. The robotics group has a month to commit to the fair. The RC3Rs are plan "B" for this year's Fair per their management.

If we do not participate, we will loose the $500.00 payment plus the raffle money received from the event. The club is financially in good standing as a reminder.

Certainly we will need to also reconsider our priority of expanding the small layout in time for this year's Fair.

I believe we can find other places to share our passion of model trains with the public and probably receive some type of donation at the same time.

What are your thoughts on participating in the Fair this year if given the opportunity to do so ?

Let me know if you want to take a vote on participating in this year's Fair.

Thanks,

Bill