[ratpack] Re: The ski loesson; Switzerlamd. 1963

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:35:57 -0600

I'm not sure what ya mean. Holding the camera above my head? I just set the lens for its widest focal length, hold it as high as I can and make an educated guess about where to point it. Sometimes it takes several tries before I get what I'm looking for.

If I misinterpreted your question lemme know, k?

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 5/29/2010 6:12 AM, John Christensen wrote:
Bracketing...... I know you havce mentioned it before, but what exactly is it? How does it work.

J (too lazy to look for the manual) C

    Moving right along, I man have FINALLY come to grips with the 7D's
    autofocus issues.  I shot a car show last nite with it.  Since I
    was more interested in focus and sharpness, I bracketed the shots
    and found that in most cases it tends to overexpose by 1/3 to 1/2
    stop.  But the photos are nice and crisp.  There's one of Bill
    William's Deuce roadster that's probably the best shot I've ever
    gotten of it.  It's a bitch to shoot indoors because of the
    reflections and flares on the black and chrome.  But I liked this
    shot.  I find myself alternating between low-angle and "top down"
    shots for some reason.  It's said that Andy Southard carried a
    ladder to many of his shoots:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=5028 .  I've found that holding
    the camera above my head comes close.  It's a lot easier with
    digital than it musta been for him and many others with "analog
    film."  Speakin of which, I found that there's still film in my
    Pentax.  I'll shoot up the rest of the roll and see what turns
    up.  It's sure a loud SOB.  About twice as noisy as the Canons.

    Anyway, I had a real good time at the show and I'm REAL pleased
    with the quality of the images.  This is the first time I've been
    able to say that about the 7D.  Maybe it knew that I was on the
    verge of putting it up for sale.  :)  I'll keep it for the moment.

    RtR