[ratpack] Re: Selling Pics

  • From: "PAUL W WATSON" <TSWATSON78@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:03:27 -0600

Larr, I agree with everything you say,  The thing to remember if you post ALMS,
Grand Am and NASCAR photos is to err on the safe side and say outright that
they are not for sale to the public.

I think it is alright to hustle yourself and your photos to teams and team
members but not to the general public over the internet unless you have paid
the sanctioning body the proper fees.  [I don't think any of us really want to
do that.]

Those of us with web sites or blog sites should make it clear that any photos
of these races are for viewing  and not for sale.  I need to go to Hot Wheels
Paul and make that clear.  But then nobody looks at it and I have never had any
requests for photos of the NASCAR, ALMS, Grand Am.

Does anybody know if NASA has the same rules?  The only sales I have done of
NASA photos have been to the racers themselves.

Paul