[ratpack] OT: Cougar Power

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 19:54:42 -0600

I apologize to those who are on multiple lists and getting this more than once, but it amuses me, so I'm gonna send it anyway.

I shot two car shows today. Both were small, but for a change the weather was decent. Both shows were in the town I was mostly raised in, Ogden, Ut. I haven't been there for quite a while. The smaller of the shows was held across the street from one of the high schools I attended (I did my junior year there, then dropped out when my mother and sisters and I moved to California.) Well, Weber High School is no more. It's a shopping center. Things change.

Moving right along, and to the subject, at the other show, the larger one, there were a coupla 68 Mercury Cougars. Both owned and shown by women. I think they might be making a statement. For those unfamiliar with the term, check here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougar

So. There's this nice yellow XR7 with its hood raised and a prominent sign right near the latch mechanism that read, "LOOK, BUT DON'T TOUCH." The sign's caps, not mine. Well, yanno, whenever there's a sign saying, don't do something, somebody's gotta do it, just on principles. So this guy did. I caught his hand just as he was in the process of flaunting the directive. Didn't take too long before he found out that actions have consequences. Big time. I'll just let the photos tell the story and you can draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program