[ratpack] Grandma Tipton update

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 22:16:37 -0500

We just got home from the hospital. We all really have to get some sleep. We
have been there late the last 2 nights, and working all day. Nate was there
till after midnight last night. Mom needs the rest more than anyone. Grandma
made it this far, almost 97 by being tough, and right now is no exception.

Hospice has taken over at the hospital. She doesn't have anything but
Morphine right now to make her comfortable. I haven't been checking email
much. I have been spending most of the time at the hospital the last few
days when I am not working.

Tonight, Nate was playing Big Band music on the iPhone for her. It got a
rise out of her. She nodded yes when we asked if she liked it. She didn't do
anything when I asked her if she wanted to dance, but when Cindy said "You
would if you could" she nodded yes. She was busted by Mom about a year ago,
standing outside the Portillo's (where they play that stuff inside and out)
Dancing outside the eatery. Mom had to go get her, and bring her to the car
(what a hoot!). She has had a very good life. Very poor, as far as money is
concerned, but as rich as anyone can get for the love of life and family.

I'll keep ya posted on any changes.

Peace,
JC