[ratpack] Re: Friday at Miller

  • From: PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 07:55:11 -0700

If it snows, rains, sleet and hails like Utah does, do you think we may get
some overstear or is it oversteer for Larr:)

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:41:48 -0600
Subject: [ratpack] Re: Friday at Miller
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It looks like the weather on Friday is going to be pretty crappy so dress
appropriately.

Dr Z

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like one of the few good weekends at MMP this year.

Dr Z

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:18 AM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The looser gets to pick me up.  Either way I am a winner to be in such august
company.

Should be a great weekend.  Thanks guys.

P.

From: carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:37:58 -0600

To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too am renting a lens at pictureline on fri morn. I am trying to pick it up
thurs night, but won't know if I can till noon on thurs. If I get it early
Paul, I can pick you up early fri morn. If not Dr. Z & I can draw straws at
Pictureline at 9 to see who picks you up. I'll be in touch thur afternoon
either way.
Larr

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:46 PM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

9:45 will be fine.  We'll get there for a little of the Trans Am practice and
the Pirelli cup before lunch.  Gonna be a good weekend, Jags, pny cars,
Porsches, Ferrari's and rumbling stockers.  Should be fun.

The Friday schedule looks packed:)

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:36:25 -0600
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do have the 1.4 extender so with that I can get out to 560mm. I wanted to get
there sooner but they charge me extra if I pick the lens up a day early. I
should be able to get there about 9:45.

See you then

Dr Z

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:17 PM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I was sort of hoping to get out to the track a little bit earlier, but beggers
can't be choosers.  If you could pick me up I would apreciate it.

I think you'll like the 100/400. is is sharper than the Sigma and you are only
giving up 100mm in focal length.

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:12:28 -0600

From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I won't need it for this race since I'll have the 100-400 so maybe for one
of the MPRA races.

But thanks

Dr Z

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:04 PM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You'll have to Muttley for it.  He has it right now.

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:49:26 -0600
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought some extra batteries to help handle the load so hopefully I'll be
prepared. I wouldn't mind trying the 'Big Sig' lens on the new camera to see
it's capabilities. See you at the rtack

Dr Z

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kool.  You'll like it a lot.  Just be prepared to find a way to buy one after
you've used it for a while.  :)

On 4/26/2011 11:56 AM, Michael Wells wrote:
I'm renting a Canon 100-400 L lens, just like the one you have.

Dr Z

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Zamboni!  What lens are ya renting?

On 4/26/2011 9:14 AM, Michael Wells wrote:
I'm renting a lens from PictureLine and have to pick it up at 9 when they open,
if you want to wait that long I can swing by and pick you up.

Dr Z

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM, PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Gang,

I was wondedring if I could catch a ride to and from Miller on Friday.  The
wife needs the car that day.

Paul

--
Dr. Z